The Wells Scholars Program offers:
- Close interaction with faculty
- Academic and career mentoring
- International experience and engagement
- Frequent extracurricular activities, often with distinguished visitors
- Interdisciplinary Wells freshman seminars that address fundamental issues and are taught by outstanding faculty
- Support for a summer internship, research or volunteer project, creative activity, or other enriching experience
- Opportunities for involvement in community service with fellow Scholars
- A combination of the best features of a large research university and a small liberal arts college
Wells Scholars may major in any field offered at IU. Each Scholar works with a Hutton Honors College advisor to design a course of study that takes into consideration the student's interests, goals, and strengths.
Freshman Scholars enroll in a Wells freshman seminar in fall and in spring. During the year, Scholars develop intellectual and personal bonds with their classmates while they read major works and discuss challenging ideas.